2008년 3월 23일 일요일

War lover


I thought, it is impossible to love war? Can't I think war as romantic event?
And I found a Vietnamese female artist, An-My Le.

She was born in Vietnam and lived during the Vietnam War in her childhood. She experienced the war as a kid. So she remembers smell, air and feeling of the past.


Exerpt from art:21, she interviewed,
"I was more interested in drawing people into my work to think about the issues that envelop war - representations of war, landscape and terrain in war."
"War can be beautiful. I think it's the idea of the sublime - moments that are horrific but, at the same time, beautiful - moments of communion with the landscape and nature."

So I think, everything what can be criticized can also be sublimed as War.
Because everything can be art :)

댓글 없음: