2008년 5월 15일 목요일

LMCC






I went to the open studio of Lower Manhattan Cultural Council with my friend. One of the studio is near by Cooper Union and we only went there to see the artists and their works.









It says,
Programming at the Council stokes the cultural life of the city with art, ideas and imagination. We encourage art where it’s least expected, stimulate conversation around the ideas of the moment, and continually burnish and tarnish the links between culture and capital from our nook in New York’s Financial District.












The studio has 10 artists and they work hard. I was amazed seeing some great quality installations. And above all, I like their freedom and experimental attitude in their work.





I don't remember the artist of this fiber collage painting but I do remember he had rock band concert inside his space. It was cool.





What I were really fascinated with is Larrissa Bates' paintings.








The work of Larissa Bates focuses on cultural constructions of masculinity and gender tropes. Her painted narratives follow the ever war hungry Little Napoleons as they take over the world, one colony at a time, and face their bitter enemies, the Cry Babies. -From LMCC




I and my friend had wine with cookies. It was fun to appreciate so fresh artists' works.

댓글 없음: